Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Technological Background

In elementary school I remember having computer time, but all we did was play games. Not that I'm complaining :-). In junior high I took the an Information Processing class which was actually very beneficial. The information I learned in that class, I have used on a daily basis and am very grateful for those skills. After graduating high school I have had several clerical positions where I have used my skills in Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and internet resources. I love working with computers and ofter wonder what I would do without it! My dad is a professor and has always been an example to me of a good teacher because he is always trying to learn and use the newest technological resources. Seeing him do this has helped me want to be the same way. It's pretty amazing to think where we have come in such a short time. My dad's thesis and dissertation were both done on the typewriter, which blows my mind! I can only imagine what advances will come just in the next few years as I begin my teaching career, but I look forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a pretty solid background starting this class - that is great! What does your dad teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a professor here at BYU. He used to teach Social Work, but just retired and is now just teaching the SFL 100 class on the Proclaimation to the Family once a semester.

    ReplyDelete